dependent

5/29/2009

a friend spoke to me today about being one-hundred percent dependent on God.

and i realized , actually realized, that until Christ is all i have and need, i won't find happiness despite the circumstances.

so who am i dependent on?

well, obviously i'm dependent on myself.... when i fail i stay down.
when i succeed, i take the credit for myself.

i'm dependent on others... so much. if people think i'm funny, smart, unique, or even a good friend on a certain day, then i consider my day a success. (wow, i just re-read that and it sounds so shallow). but if no one pays any attention to me, i start feeling like a giant piece of poop. again, really shallow i know...

i'm dependent on financial security, if my bank account is full and my wallet is stuffed with bills, then i start to feel almost a bit invincible; if i'm broke (which is most of the time) well then i start saying hello to high stress levels.

but, even when i am not dependent on Him, He is still there and when He sees me, He doesn't see a selfish brat, He sees the righteousness of Christ in me.

0 comments: