truthful silence

2/21/2009

i sit and worship
but do i trust?

i guess that's not real worship is it?

sometimes, it's just easier to trust in my false comfort than to trust in You. but i do not want to be one of those that only believes in what i see.

i want more of what i need and less of what i know...

last night, some of us from URF drove up to winston-salem to see jason upton in concert. it was such a spirit-led experience where beautiful words and melodies simply flowed out from our hearts to our King. here is one of his songs that the words have helped me describe where i am right now....

in the silence
Tired of telling you, you have me
When I know you really don't
Tired of telling you I'll follow
When I know I really won't
Cause I'd rather stand here speechless
With no great words to say
If my silence is more truthful
And my ears can hear how to walk in your way
In the silence
You are speaking
In the quiet I can feel the fire
And it's burning, burning deeply
Burning all that it is that you desire to be silent, in me
Oh Jesus can you hear me?
My soul is screaming out
And my broken will cries teach me
What your Kingdom's all about
Unite my heart to fear you,
To fear your holy name
And create a life of worship
In the spirit and truth of your loving ways

oh Lord, to you i give my future as long as it may last
to you i give my present, to you i give my past
.

0 comments: